Blog header font – Playfair Display
Headings font – Cormorant Garamond
Secondary font – Karla
The Genesis Framework MUST be installed before installing the theme.
Install Genesis Framework in Appearance – Themes – Add New.
Click Upload Theme, click Choose File, select the genesis zip file to upload and install.
It is not necessary to Activate the Genesis Framework.
In Appearance – Themes – Add New.
Upload the “demelia” zip file, install and activate.
You are getting the ‘missing style.css’ error?
That’s probably because you are trying to upload the main zip file you have downloaded after your purchase (Demelia-theme).
You need to extract the files from this zip file first and upload the ‘Demelia.zip’ found inside it.
- Regenerate thumbnails
- One click demo import
- Easy google fonts
- Genesis Enews extended
- WordPress popular posts
- Instagram feed
- Contact form 7
- WooCommerce (optional)
- Genesis connect for WooCommerce (if WooCommerce is activated!)
Please use the Regenerate thumbnails plugin for your images so they can work properly with the theme’s options and features.
Widgets and Font Controls
– You will have to edit some widgets (plugins) like Genesis enews Extended, Contact Form 7 and others to add your own settings.
– Install and activate the theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.
In Appearance – Import Demo Data:
Under the option “Choose a XML file for content import:” upload the file “Demelia fonts”;
Under the option “Choose a WIE or JSON file for widget import:” upload the file “Demelia widgets”.
Finally click on the “Import demo data” button and wait for the upload process to finish.
In Appearance – Menus, click to add a new menu (Create new menu).
Add a name and click “Create Menu”.
After selecting the pages and adding them to the menu bar, select a location from the box at the bottom and click on “Save”.
You have 2 default menu locations:
– Primary (top navigation)
– Secondary (footer navigation)
!You can always create additional menus (Appearance – Menus – Create a new menu) and then add the widget “Navigation menu” to a specific widgetized area (Appearance – Widgets).
Creating drop downs
Use the image below to help you create drop downs:
Profile widget (sidebar)
Fill out your details in the “Custom Profile widget”. Use the image for help:
The social icons are located in 3 places in the theme:
– Top navigation
– Instagram page
The code for the 3 of them is the same and is already added to the widgets.
Just open the widget (each one of them) and replace SOCIAL LINK HERE with the link to your account for each social media you want to use (for snapchat is YOUR SNAPCHAT USERNAME and for the envelope icon is YOUR EMAIL).
Featured posts (sidebar)
You can change the size of the images, the category, the number of the visible posts…
Follow the steps and use the image below to make the widget look like the one from the demo :
1. Choose the category from the drop down (you can choose “All categories” as well).
2. Choose the number of posts.
3. Image size (700×490 – default)
4. The number of the snippet characters.
5. Post button title.
6. Category button title (if “All categories” is chosen in step 1 this button won’t show up).
Popular posts (sidebar)
You can change the size of the images, the number of the visible posts. Use the images below for more help:
Go to “Instagram Feed” (it’s located on the left navigation – at the bottom, right below the tab “Settings”) and connect your instagram account.
After that go to the tab “2. Customize” and remove the padding around the images which is “5” by default. Leave the box blank.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Save changes’.
The shortcode is already added in the widget.
Genesis eNews Extended:
In your mailchimp account go to the Audience tab – Signup forms – Embedded forms.
Then choose the “Unstyle” option.
Copy the code similar to the screenshot below inside action=””, (do not include the apostrophes).
Paste the code in the form action field.
The rest of the fields should have Email, FName and LName :
Create the page
Go to “Pages” from your WordPress dashboard and click on “Add new”.
Assign a title to the page.
From the right column navigation you will see the section “Page Attributes”. Under the “Template” option choose the “Instagram Page” from the drop down.
Publish the page.
1. Go to Appearance – Menus and create the instagram menu (Do NOT assign it to any of the default locations (Primary or Secondary) ). Then go to Appearance – Widgets and choose the “Navigation menu” widget and add it to the “Instagram page” area. Finally choose the “Instagram menu” you just created from the drop down and Save the widget. Move it to the top of the other widgets or any place you want to position it.
2. Add your links to the social icons in the code you will find in the HTML widget “Connect”.
3. You can add other widgets to the instagram page in the widgetized area named “Instagram page” (Appearance – widgets).
Make this page default homepage
Go to Appearance – Customize – Homepage Settings – choose the page from the drop down under the option “Homepage”.
Colors and Blog customization
You can change the colors in Appearance – Customize – Colors.
You can make changes to the thumbnail position, the visibility of the post snippet and the “read more” button, change the text of the “read more” button in Appearance – Customize – Theme Settings – Blog Settings.
The shortcode for the recent posts feature is :
You can add it anywhere – posts, pages, widget (a text widget).
It’s added to the Instagram page by default.
The recent posts feature automatically shows on the error page as well.
- The post thumbnails require featured images. Please upload Featured images to your posts.
- The related posts require categories to work. Add categories to your posts.
- Please make sure that you install and activate the theme and the recommended plugins before importing the demo widgets. If a plugin is not installed and activated, any widgets related to that plugin will not import.